What is CELTA?
Celta is the name of the University of Cambridge initial Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults. It is considered to be the essential minimum requirement for employment in most quality language schools around the world. Candidates for Celta may be native English speakers or non-native speakers whose standard of English is C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference or similar.
Reputation for Excellence
From previous Celta candidates on our courses as well as from Cambridge assessors and English language students in the school.
Trust our experience
Hundreds of new teachers have trained on the Celta course here at Campbell College and embarked on exciting new careers in English Language Teaching both here and around the world.
Find a job after the course
Add your CV to our local job market service completely free of charge. This service has been operating for over 15 years and more than 35 local language schools and companies are registered and rely on us to recommend Celta qualified teachers from our courses.
This is a highly practical course which aims to provide comprehensive initial training for English language teaching. The focus is primarily on planning, teaching practice and tutor conducted feedback, which constitute the main modes of assessment on the course. Candidates must also complete four short written assignments on teaching skills and language awareness.
The Cambridge Celta Syllabus areas are:
- Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills awareness: Reading, listening, speaking,writing
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism.
Campbell College Teacher Training Centre was founded in 1993 with the specific aim of providing quality Cambridge Celta training courses for new and experienced teachers in Valencia. The centre offers a highly professional working environment but at the same time both a friendly and supportive place to learn and study. Wi-fi and internet connections in every classroom, a substantial library and access to computers in the study areas.
Meet the tutors
The Course tutors have vast experience of English language teaching and training, and undoubtedly have a real passion for their work. Highly experienced Course tutor Joanne McCabe has worked extensively on Celta and Delta courses and on in-service training schemes in schools and universities in Spain. Course tutor Séamas Campbell has taught Cambridge Celta in France, Egypt and Spain and he is also a Cambridge assessor for other Celta courses around the world. Celta candidates also have the opportunity to observe many of our excellent Celta-trained, experienced teachers in the school, teaching at a variety of levels as part of the programme.
The centre operates an accommodation service for those coming from outside Valencia.
Types of Accommodation
- Flat Share with English Speakers. Most candidates choose to share with other English teachers in Valencia or other CELTA candidates on the course. You will have your own room and use of bathroom and kitchen. Basically you look after yourself – doing your own cooking and washing. Approximate cost Euro 300€ (payable directly to host).
- Flat Share with Spanish speakers. Some trainees like the idea of practising their Spanish. You will have your own room and use of bathroom and kitchen. Basically you look after yourself – doing your own cooking and washing . Approximate cost Euro 300€ (payable directly to host).
If you wish to avail of this service complete the accommodation section of your application form.
Dates and fees
|17th January 2024-8th May 2024||Part Time ONLINE CELTA||1450€|
|19th February 2024-15th March 2024||Full time FACE TO FACE CELTA||1450€|
|6th May 2024 - 31st May 2024||Full time FACE TO FACE CELTA||1450€|
|15th May 2024-11th September 2024||Part Time ONLINE CELTA||1450€|
|1st July 2024-26th July 2024||Full Time FACE TO FACE CELTA||1450€|
|4th September 2024-1st October 2024||Full Time FACE TO FACE CELTA||1450€|
|18th September 2024-15th January 2025||Part Time ONLINE CELTA||1450€|
|4th November 2023-29th November 2024||Full Time FACE TO FACE CELTA||1450€|
- Be at least 20 years old by the starting date of the course.
- Have a good standard of education i.e. at least university entrance standard or equivalent.
- Have an awareness of language and a competence in both written and spoken English that enables them to follow the course. In the case of non-native speakers, the equivalent of C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference.
Course directors may use their discretion in admitting to courses candidates who do not fulfil the above but it should be borne in mind that candidates should be of a standard comparable to 2. and 3. above.
The application form and pre-interview task should be carefully completed and returned to us. You will then be contacted to either attend an interview or to arrange a telephone/skype interview. You should normally apply two months before your intended course starting date to ensure a place. If you are applying at short notice, contact the school to see if there are places still available. We will then try to process your application as quickly as possible.
Valencia and Surroundings
Valencia on Spain’s eastern coast is the third biggest city in the country with a population of just over a million.
Famous for its food ( Valencia is home to paella and other typical rice dishes), music, ceramic craftwork, festivals of which Fallas in March is the most spectacular. Valencia is also renowned throughout Spain for its lively nightlife.
The climate is perhaps the most benign in Spain, with short, mild winters, average temperature 10º-15º C. July and August are the hottest months with average temperature of about 32ºC.
The central squares and streets of the old quarter boast of a time when Valencia was once the cultural and economic capital of the Mediterranean in the 15th and 16th centuries. However Valencia is truly a modern city too with ambitious urban projects and building in recent years.
Click on http://www.turisvalencia.es/ for further information